Thursday 6 December 2012

Week 10: In the making of a perfect E-Teacher

Hello Everyone,

This week is the closing week of the course. So besides trying Levels of Technology Integration (LoTI) and giving advice to the future participants, I was reflecting on my journey through the course which I will share here.

But besides that I would also like to share that there was only one task that remained to be done and that was creating a Webquest on Zunal which I did this week on teaching "Ode to a Nightingale" Please have a look and comment on the same. 

When I began the course, I thought I would look something like this:



But during the progress of this course, I realized that it was nothing so complicated but was there to empower both the students and the teachers. It will not be able for me to describe here all that I have learnt in the course in toto but I will briefly discuss the topics that were covered over the weeks. What began in  Week 1 as path full of apprehensions and fear as to "Will I be able to do anything in the course, or will I fail?" and "What if my internet fails me?" etc. (but God be praised, nothing amiss occurred) is now sucessfully completed. 

It was the first "virtual" or online course that I did and completed successfully.

In fact it was some sort of extra work for me initially but during the course of it around week 4, I started enjoying it and got hooked to the computer most of the time. It became a part of my routine to sit at the computer for hours and look at the resources introduced, try something new and adapt it to the class that I was teaching.

 In a way, I have lived this course because the way it required to introduce things to the class one was teaching. The project is not something that one had to think and write. I have thought about it, implemented it, felt it, realized it and seen the effect of it. 

I am really thankful to RELO for giving me the opportunity to do this course. 
I am also thankful to my colleagues of this course for being very cooperative, kind and helpful.

Finally I would like to thank my Course Instructor Ms. Courtney Cunningham for being such a gem of a person and a teacher. Hats off to her. Had it not been for her guidance, I would not have been able to complete this course, successfully. Her directions and instructions were clear and precise. During the time of any confusion she came to my rescue as a lifeboat and a lighthouse to give me directions. 

Though the course is over, but the learnings of this course will last me a lifetime. 

I would like to close with this quote, "A good-bye is never painful unless you’re never going to say hello again."

Do stay in touch. 

Best wishes Everyone
Ashish Pande

4 comments:

  1. Dear Ashish,
    Thanks for such a final posting on the course.
    I liked your use of this animated image of an e-teacher in your post.
    I was thinking how to manage all such skills as an English professional immediately, but your post and application of acquired knowledge has given me a sort of encouragement at least to try some tools in the future days.
    Best wishes.
    Sincerely,
    Mahesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ashish,

    I love your very honest reflection. You can be really proud of yourself and your accomplishments!

    To be in touch,
    Jasmina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashish,

    Excellent reflection Ashish and thank you so much for being part of a wonderful course and I am associated with you for the last ten weeks. Your motivation to share your experiences with all the teaching fraternity has proven over a period of time (in my observation). Further, you are an amazing teacher who can mould the young minds. Keep doing the great work sir,

    Be in touch...

    Regards,
    S.Sankarakumar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ashish

    You have given a comprehensive analysis of the course.

    Your picture is amazing.

    My best wishes for you to become a perfect teacher (both online and classroom).

    Do keep in touch.

    Regards

    Raj

    ReplyDelete